Sarasota Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Riding motorcycles is common in Florida, where the weather is great year-round in many areas. However, the more time a person spends on their motorcycle, the more likely they are to suffer a serious accident.
Motorcycles can be fun if driven safely. However, many riders take their motorcycles to their limits, going too fast and losing control. Drivers of passenger vehicles often ignore motorcycles or fail to see them, causing serious accidents.
Motorcycle riders face a lot of challenges. A seemingly minor accident can result in significant injuries. That’s why you need to seek legal help after a crash. You don’t have to handle an accident on your own. The Cahall Law Firm PLLC can help. Contact our Sarasota motorcycle accident lawyer for help fighting your case.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle crashes can be caused by the following:
- Left turns. Left turn crashes are the most common crashes involving motorcycles. Drivers often don’t see motorcycles because they are much smaller than passenger vehicles. However, drivers need to ensure they yield to vehicles before attempting a left turn.
- When you exceed the posted speed limit, you need more room to slow down or stop. Speeding is an action that applies to passenger vehicles and motorcycles, but motorcycle riders are more likely to suffer serious injuries while speeding.
- Both motorists and motorcycle riders may drive while intoxicated. However, this behavior is not only illegal but also dangerous. A drunk driver cannot drive as well due to a lack of judgment and coordination.
- Road hazards. Potholes, puddles, oil slicks, debris, and small animals can easily cause a motorcycle to lose control. However, if your accident was caused by road conditions, such as holes and cracks, the city may be liable due to poor road maintenance.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
When riding a motorcycle, you need to take safety seriously. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Take a safety course. Even if you think you’re an experienced rider, a safety course can help you understand the rules of the road and learn what to do in unpredictable situations.
- Wear motorcycle gear. The right gear can keep you from getting injured. Make sure to wear a helmet, goggles, leather jacket, boots, and gloves every time you get on your bike.
- Check the weather. Ice, snow, and rain can make roads slippery and compromise your safety. Avoid riding in these conditions if possible.
- Make yourself visible. Motorcycles are often hard to see. Make yourself more visible by wearing bright clothing and using your headlights at all times.
Contact The Cahall Law Firm PLLC Today
Motorcycles can be fun but don’t overlook the dangers. A motorcyclist is much more likely to get in a crash than the driver of a passenger vehicle. It’s important to stay safe at all times.
But even if you do ride safely, we cannot always predict the actions of other drivers. Accidents can still occur. The Cahall Law Firm PLLC can help you file a claim for compensation. Contact our Sarasota motorcycle accident lawyer today by filling out the online form or calling (941) 281-2019. Call Cahall and get justice.