Sarasota Truck Accident Lawyer
Florida sees a lot of semi trucks and 18-wheelers on the roads. The drivers of these trucks have an important job to do as they haul consumer goods from place to place. However, one wrong move can lead to fatality.
These large trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. Compare that to the average passenger vehicle, which weighs around 4,000 pounds. That’s a huge size difference — one that can cause a lot of damage to the smaller vehicle.
A truck accident can be a serious situation. Whatever you do, you need to act quickly. The trucking company will hire lawyers and try to get rid of evidence to avoid liability. That’s why you need to contact a Sarasota truck accident lawyer from The Cahall Law Firm PLLC right away so we can get started on your case.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can happen in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Truck drivers are limited to 11 hours of driving per day under federal law, but some trucking companies don’t care. They want to make sure their drivers are meeting deadlines. But too much driving can cause fatigue, which can be dangerous when behind the wheel.
- Distracted driving. Driving a truck for a long time can get boring. Many truck drivers entertain themselves by talking on the phone, texting, surfing the internet, finding a good radio station, and reading. All these activities can take a driver’s focus off the road, leading to an accident.
- Driving under the influence. Many drivers turn to alcohol or drugs in order to stay awake and alert during a long drive. However, these substances do more harm than good, causing drowsiness, poor judgment, and erratic behavior.
- Many truck drivers go faster than they should so they can meet strict deadlines. This makes it harder to stop and avoid an accident. Plus, the extra speed creates more of an impact, resulting in more serious injuries.
- Improper training. Sometimes the blame for an accident is on the trucking company. If they fail to properly train a driver, then they can be held liable. These trucks are not easy to drive, so drivers need to be fully trained on how to maneuver these large vehicles.
- Improper maintenance. Another way in which trucking companies can be held liable is if they do not properly maintain the trucks. These trucks are driven hundreds of miles a day. Tires and brakes are just some of the parts that need to be thoroughly checked on a regular basis to prevent accidents.
Contact The Cahall Law Firm PLLC Today
Truck accidents are often catastrophic in nature. A person who survives often deals with long-term or permanent injuries.
Contact The Cahall Law Firm PLLC for help with your truck crash case. We have the experience and knowledge to protect your legal rights. To schedule a consultation with our Sarasota truck accident lawyer, fill out the online form or call (941) 281-2019. Call Cahall and get justice.