Bradenton Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents happen in a split second, leaving unsuspecting victims overwhelmed, confused, and scared. While severe accidents can change your life forever, even minor accidents can affect you for months. Not to mention the added stress of dealing with the at-fault driver’s insurance, medical bills, and time off work. Fortunately, you don’t have to go through this alone. Contact a Bradenton car accident lawyer who can help.
At The Cahall Law Firm, our Bradenton car accident lawyers have years of experience helping Florida clients with all their personal injury needs, including car accidents. When you schedule a meeting with us, we can tell you whether your car accident claim has merit and what potential compensation you receive.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Bradenton
There are numerous causes of car collisions in Florida. The term “car accident” is widely used, but the fact is there is almost always someone at fault, which means there aren’t accidents at all. Negligence, defective parts, or external factors can all play a role in Florida accidents. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Bradenton include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Violating a traffic law, such as not stopping at a red light
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Adverse weather
- Dangerous conditions on the road
- Vehicle manufacture defect
Common Bradenton Car Accident Injuries
Depending on the accident circumstances, you could be facing a wide variety of injuries. Some of the more common types of injuries we see in car accident cases here include:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Lacerations and contusions
- Wrongful death
What to Do After a Bradenton Car Accident
You must protect your rights after a car accident. Understandably, most people don’t know what to do after an accident. Remember these helpful tips anytime you’re in a collision.
- Move your vehicle (if possible) to safety and check for any injuries.
- Contact the police.
- Exchange information with all involved parties. Be sure to get contact information for witnesses as well.
- Document any pertinent details that can help your claim later on. Write down the vehicle information, responding officer’s information, etc.
- If possible, take scene photos. Pictures include damage to the vehicles, your injuries, the surrounding scene, and more. If there was a pothole in the road or trees blocking a stop sign, photograph those. You want to capture any details relevant to your case that can’t be replicated if someone goes months later to take photos.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible if you are not transported from the scene to the emergency room. You don’t want to wait and seek treatment, or the at-fault driver’s insurance will try to use it against you.
- Report the car accident to your insurance.
- Contact a Bradenton car accident lawyer at The Cahall Law Firm.
Schedule a Consultation with a Bradenton Car Accident Lawyer
It’s best if you meet with attorneys early on in your claim. They can help you and prevent you from saying or doing something that could jeopardize your case. To learn more about how we can help, contact The Cahall Law Firm today.